Current employment opportunities:
Program Coordinator – North County
ElderHelp strives to enhance the quality of life for seniors by providing information and services that help them live independently and with dignity.
COMPASSION – we are supportive, caring, and strive to strengthen the lives of others
INTEGRITY – we do the right thing when no one is looking and remain focused on those we serve
COMMUNITY – we seek collaboration and effective communication
ACCOUNTABILITY – we are dependable and responsible
RESPECT – we honor the process of aging, consider the ideas of others, and value diversity
ElderHelp employees are expected to be flexible, positive, contribute to the solution, integrate the organization’s values into their work, and work hard to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
The Program Coordinator is solution oriented and knowledgeable about community resources and can help clients navigate complex care systems. The Program Coordinator works collaboratively with the Teams and is dedicated to helping seniors remain safely and independently in their own homes.
This is a hybrid position working remotely as well as in the office, and in the homes of senior clients. The ideal candidate is bilingual (English/Spanish). The Program Coordinator will provide Care Coordination services to seniors in North County. The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing geriatric case management to seniors providing needs assessments and care planning to help them achieve their goals while promoting client self-determination. The Program Coordinator also works closely with Volunteer Services to help recruit, train, and match volunteers that will support clients in their homes.
Care Coordination Manager
- Conducts in-home assessments with clients to assess for program eligibility and develop care plan to help clients remain safe and independent in their homes
- Conducts ongoing check-ins via phone and in-home visits to reassess and re-evaluate clients’ needs and progress towards goals
- Provides case management to clients with short-term and ongoing needs
- Connects clients to trusted referrals, working with families and/or other service providers as needed
- Candidate should be comfortable addressing issues such as dementia and memory loss, mental health, food insecurity and home safety
- Assists with Intake process as needed
- Provides support to the Volunteer Services Team working collaboratively to coordinate volunteer-based services and support volunteer recruitment and training efforts.
- Works with Volunteer Services Manager to facilitate matching process between clients and volunteers through assessment of both the volunteer’s and client’s strengths, interests, skills, and specific needs.
- Conducts match visits with client and volunteer to introduce new volunteers to clients and orient both parties to the services being provided.
- Works with Volunteer Services Team to manage any conflicts that may arise between volunteers and clients
- Coordinates Home Safety Maintenance Services for North County clients by communicating requests to volunteers and ensuring they are filled in a timely manner
- Attends team meetings to collaboratively approach problem solving and resource sharing with the team
- Maintains a positive attitude and abides by ElderHelp’s values
- Participates, as needed, in outreach activities and other events that help promote ElderHelp
- Professionally represents ElderHelp during events and while out in the community
- Provides programmatic coverage as needed including support with the in-office pantry
- Maintains accurate and timely case notes and statistical data
- Completes stats and reports according to policies
- Adheres to the NASW Code of Ethics
- Adheres to ElderHelp’s Care Coordination Policies & Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology, or related field required. A minimum of 3 years’ experience providing similar services to seniors. Candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be detail oriented. Candidates must have strong computer skills and be comfortable with technology. The ideal candidate must be able to prioritize client needs through timely and efficient intervention methods. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, hourly position, $19-$21/hour DOE, plus benefits. ElderHelp offers a generous benefits program:
- 100% employer paid Gold-level medical and dental plans
- No waiting period for benefits enrollment
- 100% employer-sponsored telemedicine solution
- Flexible and hybrid work schedule
- 401(k) plans and employer matching
- 10 paid holidays
- Employees are provided an additional one-week paid time off in addition to vacation and sick accrual
- Professional development
- Education reimbursement
- Team bonding days
Who We Are
ElderHelp has a culture of teamwork and inclusion where we believe we are better together. We value the differences in our community and believe those differences are what make us a stronger organization. We offer opportunities for staff to participate in DEI trainings and create safe spaces to learn and share about this important work.
Our Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers come together with a shared passion for our mission supporting each other to meet the needs of the community we serve.
Send cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to our website for more information on services and programs. Please no phone inquiries, fax transmittals, or walk-ins.
This Job Posting is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not meant to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required by this job classification.ElderHelp of San Diego is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in its many forms.
ElderHelp does not discriminate in its employment practices or policies on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, age, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.
Download PDF here
Jerry Sanders – President
San Diego Chamber of Commerce