Housing Services provides assistance to seniors in need of affordable housing.
Housing Navigation addresses the barriers seniors face maintaining current housing or securing new housing.
Resident Service Coordination (available through partnerships with development and management companies) offers support and activities to residents of low-income senior buildings. ElderHelp does not own or operate any senior housing facilities.
HomeShare: The safety of our clients and communities are paramount to us during this time and always. As a result, this program is on hold until we can further assess a safe way to continue with it. We are no longer accepting applications for the program at this point in time.
If you have a room or home to provide, click here to submit an online inquiry. If you are a seeker, please continue to visit our website for updates.
Click here to download ElderHelp’s 2020 Affordable Housing Guide.
Home Provider Eligibility:
- You are able to offer a minimum $600 in rent.
- You are interested in having a housemate and are agreeable to sharing common areas (kitchen, living room, etc.)
- You are able to self-advocate
- You must provide for your own personal care needs, or have other help in place to assist with these needs.
- You do not need 24 hour care or assistance
- Your home will be assessed to make sure it is a good fit for a housemate
- You must have a private bedroom for you and your housemate
Home Seeker Eligibility:
- You are interested in sharing a home with another person
- You are able to meet your own medical needs and advocate for yourself
- You currently reside in the County of San Diego
- You have a valid phone and address where you can be reached
- You must have a source of income, show proof of income upon enrollment into the program, and demonstrate your ability to meet your own living expenses (food, transportation, etc.)
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Have valid photo ID and social security number
Our service area is based on seeker and provider availability and we are constantly looking to expand our reach. Please click here if you do not see your zip code listed below, and we’ll update you with changes.
City of San Diego: 92101, 92102, 92103, 92104, 92105, 92106, 92107, 92108, 92109, 92110, 92111, 92113, 92114, 92115, 92116, 92117, 92119, 92120, 92121, 92122, 92123, 92124, 92126, 92127, 92128, 92129, 92130, 92131, 92132, 92133, 92134, 92136, 92139, 92140, 92142, 92145, 92154, 92173
La Jolla: 92037, 92038, 92039, 92092, 92093
Poway: 92064, 92074
Rancho Bernardo: 92128
Rancho Peñasquitos: 92129
Scripps Ranch: 92131