Housing Services Programs provide assistance to seniors in need of affordable housing.
Housing Navigation addresses barriers seniors face to maintain current housing or secure new housing.
Resident Service Coordination (available through partnerships with development and management companies) offers support and activities to residents of low-income senior buildings. ElderHelp does not own or operate any senior housing facilities.
HomeShare: A roommate matching service connecting people who want to share their homes with those looking for housing.
Click here to download ElderHelp’s 2020 Affordable Housing Guide.
Home Provider Eligibility:
- You are able to offer a minimum $600 in rent.
- You are interested in having a housemate and are agreeable to sharing common areas (kitchen, living room, etc.)
- You are able to self-advocate
- You must provide for your own personal care needs, or have other help in place to assist with these needs.
- You do not need 24 hour care or assistance
- Your home will be assessed to make sure it is a good fit for a housemate
- You must have a private bedroom for you and your housemate
Home Seeker Eligibility:
- You are interested in sharing a home with another person
- You are able to meet your own medical needs and advocate for yourself
- You currently reside in the County of San Diego
- You have a valid phone and address where you can be reached
- You must have a source of income, show proof of income upon enrollment into the program, and demonstrate your ability to meet your own living expenses (food, transportation, etc.)
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Have valid photo ID and social security number
Our service area is based on seeker and provider availability and we are constantly looking to expand our reach. Please click here if you do not see your zip code listed below, and we’ll update you with changes.
City of San Diego: 92101, 92102, 92103, 92104, 92105, 92106, 92107, 92108, 92109, 92110, 92111, 92113, 92114, 92115, 92116, 92117, 92119, 92120, 92121, 92122, 92123, 92124, 92126, 92127, 92128, 92129, 92130, 92131, 92132, 92133, 92134, 92136, 92139, 92140, 92142, 92145, 92154, 92173
La Jolla: 92037, 92038, 92039, 92092, 92093
Poway: 92064, 92074
Rancho Bernardo: 92128
Rancho Peñasquitos: 92129
Scripps Ranch: 92131