BECOME A VOLUNTEER
For just a few hours each month volunteers deliver vital services that provide opportunities for healthy living.
Join our team of dedicated volunteers who support our clients and empower them to thrive in the community.
Please note that due to COVID, volunteer opportunities have been modified to ensure the safety of clients and volunteers.
Contactless Volunteer Opportunities:
- Grocery Shopping/Delivery of food or essential items
- Phone calls to check-in and keep seniors connected
In-Person Volunteer Opportunities:
- In-Home Help: Assist with grocery shopping, mail & bill sorting, companionship visits/outings, light gardening, pet care, and more.
- Home Safety & Maintenance: Help with home safety related projects such as installing safety bars, conducting safety inspections, minor repairs, and more. This opportunity is now available in North County.
- Transportation: Help with rides to appointments, errands, and social activities.
- New Opportunity through Alzheimer’s San Diego partnership: Support seniors who are living alone with the beginning signs and symptoms of dementia. Help with grocery shopping, rides to appointments or home safety related projects. Additional training provided. This opportunity is available countywide.
There are also options to directly support the organization through administrative work, special events, group volunteer activities and board or committee involvement.
Learn more about all opportunities at a volunteer orientation!
“Being able to improve the homes of our seniors gives me great pleasure, and their appreciation of that work just makes it that much better. When you add into the equation, the thoughtfulness, caring, and professionalism of the ElderHelp staff, it equals a volunteer experience that few organizations could match.”
5095 Murphy Canyon Rd, #100San Diego, CA 92123
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER