BECOME A VOLUNTEER
For just a few hours each month volunteers deliver vital services that provide opportunities for healthy living.
Join our team of dedicated volunteers to support seniors and empower them to thrive in the community.
Please note that due to COVID, volunteer opportunities have been modified to ensure the safety of clients and volunteers.
Contactless Volunteer Opportunities:
- Help deliver food from our pantry or the grocery store
- Check-in through phone calls to keep seniors connected
In-Person/In-Home Volunteer Opportunities:
- Transportation: Help seniors get to appointments, errands, and social activities.
- In Home Help: Get matched up with a senior to help with grocery shopping, mail & bill sorting, companionship visits/outings, light gardening, pet care, and more.
- Home Safety & Maintenance: Help with home safety related projects such as installing safety bars, conducting safety assessments, minor repairs, and more. Now available throughout San Diego County.
- Help Seniors Living with Dementia: Support seniors who are living alone with the beginning signs and symptoms of dementia. Help with grocery shopping, rides to appointments or home safety related projects. Additional training provided. This opportunity is available through a partnership with Alzheimer’s San Diego. Now available throughout San Diego County.
There are also options to directly support the organization through administrative work, special events, group volunteer activities and board or committee involvement.
Learn more about all opportunities at a volunteer orientation!
“Being able to improve the homes of our seniors gives me great pleasure, and their appreciation of that work just makes it that much better. When you add into the equation, the thoughtfulness, caring, and professionalism of the ElderHelp staff, it equals a volunteer experience that few organizations could match.”