San Diego, CA — During the COVID-19 crisis, ElderHelp is committed to sustaining the health and well-being of San Diego County seniors, especially those who are isolated or home bound with limited access to food, medical services, and family support. During this incredibly challenging time, ElderHelp is working around the clock to provide seniors with the support they need to shelter in place.
Because we provide ESSENTIAL SERVICES that keep seniors safe and healthy, we continue our work in
compliance with Governor Newsom’s executive order.
- Friendly visits—We have tripled the number of daily check-in calls made each day. Seniors who are matched with volunteers continue to receive friendly visits via phone chats, allaying fears and anxiety and alerting staff of potential serious medical concerns.
- Grocery shopping—Healthy volunteers area delivering fresh groceries (at no charge) and supplies to doorsteps to maintain heath and nutrition.
- Seniors A Go Go rides—Volunteers and staff provide medically necessary transportation to ensure ongoing health needs are met.
- Housing Services—We are providing telephone consultations and ongoing support for residents at local senior housing facilities through our partnership with the San Diego Food Bank.
- Volunteer Recruitment—To meet the increased demand, we’ve scheduled an online Volunteer Orientation for Wednesday, March 25th from 5:30-7:30 pm. Members of the community can register at www.bit.ly/Volunteer4EH or email email@example.com for more information.
- Helping seniors Shelter in Place—Donate to www.bit.ly/EHdonate2seniors Donations will be directly
applied to programs that support those affected by COVID-19 restrictions and mandates.
An offload of goods and supplies from the San Diego Food Bank is scheduled for Mondays at 10:30 am at
ElderHelp’s Kearny Mesa offices. News media is invited while maintaining appropriate social distancing protocols.
Executive Director, Deb Martin, is available for teleconference, quotes, and in-person interviews (maintaining appropriate social distancing). firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-284-9281.