ElderHelp supporting San Diego seniors through the COVID-19 Pandemic
During the COVID-19 crisis ElderHelp is committed to sustaining the health and well-being of San Diego County seniors, especially those who are isolated or home bound with limited access to food, medical services, and family support. During this incredibly challenging time, ElderHelp continues to provide seniors with the support they need to live independently in their own homes.
Here’s what we’re doing to ensure the safety and well-being of seniors sheltering in place:
- Friendly visits—Seniors who are matched with volunteers will continue to receive friendly visits via phone chats. These calls provide respite from fears and anxiety and will alert staff of potential serious medical concerns
- Grocery shopping—Healthy volunteers will continue to deliver fresh groceries (at no charge) to maintain heathy eating habits.
- Seniors A Go Go rides—Volunteers and staff will continue to provide medically necessary transportation to ensure ongoing health needs are met.
- Housing Services—Telephone consultations continue and we are supporting residents at local senior housing facilities through our partnership with the San Diego Food Bank.
- Volunteer Orientations—To meet the increased need to match volunteers with hundreds of seniors who need help, we’ve scheduled an online Volunteer Orientation for Wednesday, March 25th from 5:30-7:30 pm. Members of the community can register at www.bit.ly/Volunteer4EH or email email@example.com for more information.
- Virtual Grocery Shoppers—Donations will be directly applied to programs that support those affected by COVID-19 restrictions and mandates.
WAYS TO HELP
- Help seniors SHELTER IN PLACE. The biggest challenge and fear for seniors is access to food and supplies while sheltering in place. To meet their needs we’re working around the clock to deliver to their doorsteps. We need your help! Click here to shop for a senior and invite your friends join!
- Donate online: During this time of crisis, our mission continues. We’re extending daily check-in calls, providing healthy volunteer drivers to take seniors to essential medical appointments, and supporting those in need of housing solutions. Your gift ensures that seniors in our community continue to receive the vital services they need.
- Attend our online Volunteer Orientation: March 25th from 5:30-7:30 pm. Click here to join or email firstname.lastname@example.org