THE THURSDAY CLUB RUMMAGE SALE
87th Thursday Club Rummage Sale
Largest Thrift, Garage and Estate Sale in San Diego!
Benefits 17 local charities
Saturday, March 8, 2014
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sunday, March 9, 2014
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Activity Center in Balboa Park (near the Veterans Memorial)
Parking and Admission are free.
San Diego’s largest rummage sale, started in 1927, will be held March 8 and 9 in the Activity Center (2145 Park Blvd., east side of Balboa Park) in Balboa Park. New and gently-used merchandise, including antiques, furniture, sporting equipment, holiday décor, kitchen appliances, toys, computer ware, books and clothing will be sold to raise money for 17 local charities. More than $110,000 was returned to the community through last year’s sale.
The Thursday Club, a group of volunteers dedicated to educational, cultural and civic community involvement and leadership for more than 90 years in San Diego, has returned well over $1.5 million to the community through club activities. Each year members of the non-profit organization assess community needs to reach as many groups as possible. Our goal this year is to raise more than $110,000 to help in these economically challenged times.
All proceeds for the 2014 event will benefit the following groups:
- Balboa Park – Activity Center and Park & Recreation Department
- Center for Community Solutions
- Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
- Centro Cultural de la Raza
- Japanese American Historical Society of San Diego
- Children’s Dental Health Association
- Ocean Beach Emergency Food, Inc.
- CRASH (Community Resources And Self Help)
- San Diego Civic Youth Ballet
- ElderHelp of San Diego
- San Diego Project Heartbeat
- Family Health Centers of San Diego
- San Diego Public Library Foundation
- Friends of Balboa Park
- Support The Enlisted Project (STEP)
- George G. Glenner Alzheimer’s Family Center
- United Nation’s Association, San Diego
Set up for the rummage sale begins Sunday, March 2, in the Activity Center with lots of fun items and great rummage arriving Sunday through the following Friday. Members will be available throughout the week for interviews or photo opportunities. Doors open for the sale at 9 a.m. Saturday, March 8. For more information call (619) 224-5264; www.thethursdayclub.org; or email@example.com